The Variety Monster Book Fair returns this July!
This will be a Monster of a Fair, where we'll be celebrating inclusion and literacy
Step 1 - Feed the Book Monster!
Feed the Variety Book Monster your quality pre-loved books, dvds, games and puzzles throughout Monster May at any of the 13 Shiploads Stores state-wide in Tasmania.
With thanks to the Shiploads store crews and Variety volunteers who carefully sort and pack these treasures!
Step 2 - Visit the Fair
This will be a Monster of a Fair, where we’ll be celebrating inclusion and literacy! The best thing?
You'll be helping kids in need
Step 3 - See How You Helped
To provide an insight into the difference Shiploads’ and our generous donors and book fair visitors support has made to our Tasmanian children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs, this equates to:
- 80 iPads- to be used as communication devices for children who are non-verbal, or
- 63 Dynamic Orthosis Suits- providing support and enhanced mobility to children. i.e. spinal injuries or Cerebral Palsy, or
- 50 Variety Scholarships- helping children realise their dreams in the arts, sports, music or business, or
- 12.5 Motorised Wheel Chairs- providing greater mobility, or
- 8 Insulin Pumps- returning the quality of life to children normally dependant on 4 injections a day to manage diabetes, or
- 1.4 Sunshine Coaches- connecting kids in need with their communities around them.