Terms & Conditions
VARIETY FEDERAL GROUP TASBASH – 13th - 16th November 2020
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By completing an entry form you acknowledge receipt and agree to observe these conditions and all subsequent amendments and additions. Failure to observe these conditions may lead to cancellation of any entry.
- For the purposes of this document Entrant/s means Vehicle Captain/s. Crew or Crew Members means all other people participating in TasBash Teams.
- Variety - the Children’s Charity Tent 78 Tasmania Inc ABN 22 532 462 253 (hereafter referred to as Variety Tasmania) shall select the Entrants who are to join the TasBash. The criteria for selection will be as determined by the Variety Tasmania Office from time to time. Variety Tasmania shall not be required to give any reason for the non-selection of an Entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any vehicle entered in the TasBash must be licensed, insured and roadworthy as prescribed by State Laws.
- There is no age restriction on the vehicle that can participate in TasBash. You can bring any car you like just have a team theme.
- Motorcycles, buses, coaches, caravans, skateboards and motorised wheelbarrows are not permitted to enter the TasBash. Special conditions apply to support vehicles.
- High Performance modifications need to be cleared with Variety Tasmania Office and TasBash Director prior to accepting entry.
- All vehicles must, at all times during the event, display the event sponsors’ stickers supplied by the Variety Tasmania Office.
- All Entrants must pay an entry fee. Such entry fee must be paid in accordance with the instructions on the Entry Form. All payments must be paid to Variety - the Children’s Charity Tent 78 Tasmania Inc ABN 22 532 462 253 in accordance with the payment schedule.
- In addition to the entry fee, Entrants must fund raise a minimum contribution, including donations, as detailed in Clause 10. Teams must strive to raise as much funds as possible, beyond the minimum schedule. All funds raised will be added to the Team’s tally up until one week prior to departure date, which will determine fundraising awards. Further contributions can be made after this date and during the TasBash which will be attributed to the following year's tally for that team.
- The minimum fundraising requirement is $2,700
- All money raised is due and payable in accordance with the dates and instructions cited on the Entry Form. Both the entry fee and contributions in excess of the entry fee are non-refundable.
- All Entrants and Crew Members must each pay provisions fee due and payable in accordance with the dates and instructions cited on the Participant Provisions Form.
- Variety Tasmania does not provide any taxation advice and makes no representations concerning the income tax deductibility or any entitlement to an input tax credit for any fees or contributions made to Variety Tasmania. The Entrant should seek and obtain his or her own independent accounting or legal advice concerning all such matters.
- All Entrants and anyone taking part in the TasBash, in any way, must complete and submit to the Variety Tasmania Office ALL documentation advised by Variety Tasmania (which includes, but is not limited to, the Entry Form, Participant Indemnity, Vehicle Indemnity Form, Crew Form, Personal Medical Information Form, Code of Conduct, Rules and Regulations, Participation Provisions Payment Form, Social Media Policy, National Police Check (valid for two years), Evidence of Working with Children Registration (valid for three years). Entrants must coordinate with Crew Members to ensure their completion of required documentation relating to the TasBash and submit this to Variety Tasmania by the dates listed on the Document Checklist. In the event that an Entrant completes and signs a document (or documents) on behalf of another crew member or crew members that is (or are) required by Variety Tasmania, the Entrant attests that he or she has the consent of the crew member or crew members to do so.
- At all times all Entrants must abide by the rules of the road as prescribed by State laws and statutes.
- Entrants must at all times observe all rules, regulations and vehicle specifications as issued by the Variety Tasmania Office. All Entrants must comply with the TasBash Code of Conduct.
- An Entrant must not carry out any fundraising activity which may bring the Variety Tasmania name into disrepute or cause Variety Tasmania to breach any statutory requirements.
- Entrants are not to operate bank accounts for the purpose of fundraising using the name of the Variety, Variety Tasmania, Bash, TasBash, Bash Car, TasBash Car or any combination thereof.
- An Entrant shall not use the Variety Tasmania name, or represent that it or any fundraising event has any connection with Variety Tasmania without the prior written consent of Variety Tasmania.
- The Entrant indemnifies Variety Tasmania against any penalty or liability Variety Tasmania may incur as a consequence of any conduct of the Entrant.
- Variety Tasmania reserves the right to conduct random breath and drug testing of drivers.
- As outlined in the Variety Tasmania Soft Credit Policy, soft credits will be attributed to your fundraising total to qualify for bronze, silver, gold or platinum. Soft credits will, however, not be counted towards the Highest Fundraiser Award.
Variety Tasmania’s decisions and rulings are final and binding on all Applications, Entrants and Crew Members.
Further conditions of entry may be drawn up by the organisers and will be printed in the regular newsletters issued by Variety Tasmania.